Modi not an issue in the coming general elections: Khurshid
Etah: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is not an issue in the coming general elections.
"Narendra Modi is not an issue in the country and Amit Shah has no position in the state," Khurshid told reporters during a brief interaction last night on his way to Delhi from his constituency Farrukhabad.
To a question on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the minister said that they would be held as scheduled despite the fuss and uproar created by Opposition parties.
Terming the blasts in Bodh Gaya as unfortunate, Khurshid tried to stay clear of the controversy over his party colleague Digvijay Singh`s statement on Narendra Modi, saying that he does not see it that way.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh had stoked a fresh controversy yesterday with his remarks that the serial blasts at Bodh Gaya happened a day after Narendra Modi asked BJP workers to teach a lesson to Nitish Kumar and Amit Shah visited Ayodhya.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India