Modi not an issue in the coming general elections: Khurshid
Etah: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is not an issue in the coming general elections.
"Narendra Modi is not an issue in the country and Amit Shah has no position in the state," Khurshid told reporters during a brief interaction last night on his way to Delhi from his constituency Farrukhabad.
To a question on the coming Lok Sabha elections, the minister said that they would be held as scheduled despite the fuss and uproar created by Opposition parties.
Terming the blasts in Bodh Gaya as unfortunate, Khurshid tried to stay clear of the controversy over his party colleague Digvijay Singh`s statement on Narendra Modi, saying that he does not see it that way.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh had stoked a fresh controversy yesterday with his remarks that the serial blasts at Bodh Gaya happened a day after Narendra Modi asked BJP workers to teach a lesson to Nitish Kumar and Amit Shah visited Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi