Britain`s prime minister announced new measures to cut immigration today in a bid to lure voters from eurosceptic rivals 10 months from a general election.
Belgium`s controversial Flemish separatists looked set to take the lead in a general election today marred by an attack against the Jewish Museum in Brussels, the first such incident in 30 years.
Attacks and shelling in Baghdad and northern and western Iraq killed 24 people on Monday, officials said, as electoral authorities counted ballot papers from last week`s general election.
Suggesting that the Gujarat model of development was more hype than reality, Sonia Gandhi today alleged that about half the population in the state lacked access to drinking water,and childrens were malnourished.
After releasing a three-year-old CD of Uma Bharti attacking Narendra Modi, Congress today latched on to another video clip featuring yoga guru Ramdev to raise embarrassing questions on the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate.
The General Election has created a huge buzz on micro-blogging platform Twitter with over 6.28 lakh poll-related tweets being posted in the last 24 hours, reaching out to more than 169 crore users across the globe.
Maoists set ablaze road construction machinery, including two tractors and an excavator, in Odisha`s Bargarh district to oppose the building of a road, police said Tuesday.
India`s general election, to elect 543 members to the 16th Lok Sabha, kicks off Monday, with balloting starting from two states in the Northeast, Assam and Tripura.
The board of Iraq`s electoral commission resigned en masse on Tuesday in protest at political and judicial "interference", throwing a general election due next month into disarray.
There has been a steady rise in the number of women entering the Lok Sabha, figures compiled by the Election Commission show.
Voting is a fundamental right of a citizen of a democracy and it helps in building the nation of our dreams.
The second leg of the IPL, for which Bangladesh has been kept as a standby venue, could be held in India itself with the organisers today claiming that state governments want to host the matches once polling for general elections is completed in their areas.
A direct contest between the ruling Congress and the BJP is on the cards for a majority of the 14 Lok Sabha constituencies in Assam going to poll, though the All India United Democratic Front is likely to do good in the minority-dominated seats.
It is safe to presume that the seventh edition of Indian Premier League will be held in South Africa. Like the second edition, this time too, the super-rich cricket league will coincide with India`s General Election.
Around 70-80 members of Christian community began their 72-hour-long fast at a church in Govindpura area here praying for stable government at Centre post elections.
With poll after opinion poll suggesting that the country is rooting for Narendra Modi as prime minister this time, parties on the other side of the political spectrum seem to be warming up to the taste of `NaMo tea`.
Days after the Congress rejected the demand from party workers to anoint Rahul Gandhi as party`s prime ministerial candidate, senior party leader P Chidambaram asserted on Wednesday that the Gandhi scion will get the top job if the Congress is called to form the government post general election.
In an apparent reference to the media blitzkrieg around the AAP, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi supported decentralisation of power here today, while toeing his "vote for the country, not for the party" line.
Did you know that former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati declared assets worth over Rs 50 crore in 2007 when she contested for a seat in the Uttar Pradesh legislative council but had declared assets of only Rs 5 crore when she had fought the 2004 Lok Sabha polls?
Two persons were shot dead as Bangladesh`s main opposition BNP and its allies today began a 72-hour nationwide blockade to push for the postponement of general elections, a day after ending another protest that claimed 22 lives.
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday renewed her appeal to BNP to join the "all-party" government to oversee the general election, saying she is willing to offer any ministry opposition leader Khaleda Zia wants for her party in the cabinet.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday telephoned her arch-rival Khaleda Zia to invite her for talks to resolve a standoff on holding the next general election but failed to reach her.
Admitting that its rigid stand of not sharing more than four seats with Congress in 2009 was a wrong move, the RJD on Saturday hinted at taking a flexible approach towards seat adjustments with secular parties to fight BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, a senior party leader said here.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the Election Commission to introduce paper trail in electronic voting machines (EVMs).
Even though the battle lines are getting hardened as the general election draws near it is increasingly becoming clear that a major realignment of political forces is in the offing.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is not an issue in the coming general elections.
Controversial former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was released from jail recently in CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar murder case, today said it was on Congress to take a decision on him.
The head of a European Union observer mission responded to the intrusive scrutiny of candidates in Pakistan`s general election by saying that the right to contest polls is fundamental and people should have access to due process.
Pakistan`s Election Commission did a flip-flop on a move to give people the choice of not voting for any of the candidates in the fray for the General Election.
Abdul Hafeez Shaikh resigned as Pakistan`s Finance Minister amidst mounting speculation that he would play a key role in the caretaker administration that is expected to oversee the next general election scheduled for mid-May.
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Watch: Tender News Bulletin @8.20pm
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30 pm
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Indrani Mukerjea is my daughter, not step daughter: Upendra Kumar Bora
- Love-sex-murder case: Man chops off lover into pieces to end extra-marital affair
- Vinod Kambli locks maid in room for three days for asking wages, FIR registered
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: Mega rally in Patna today; Sonia Gandhi to attend