Modi’s midnight threat forced Sanjay Joshi to quit
New Delhi: Narendra Modi had to threaten a midnight resignation from the national executive before he had his way and the RSS and Nitin Gadkari agreed to the ouster of Sanjay Joshi.
The sequence of events was fraught and the entire night was spent burning up the wires. After Modi’s threat, an NRI was used to persuade Sanjay Joshi.
After Modi agreed, a plane was kept ready for his journey to Mumbai. Gadkari spoke to him on the phone and requested him to come in the crucial second half of the meeting when Rajnath Singh would propose Gadkari’s second term. Modi is believed to have agreed to second it.
Interestingly, this is the third time Gadkari’s decision has backfired, and the RSS is very upset with the turn of events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels