Modi’s midnight threat forced Sanjay Joshi to quit
New Delhi: Narendra Modi had to threaten a midnight resignation from the national executive before he had his way and the RSS and Nitin Gadkari agreed to the ouster of Sanjay Joshi.
The sequence of events was fraught and the entire night was spent burning up the wires. After Modi’s threat, an NRI was used to persuade Sanjay Joshi.
After Modi agreed, a plane was kept ready for his journey to Mumbai. Gadkari spoke to him on the phone and requested him to come in the crucial second half of the meeting when Rajnath Singh would propose Gadkari’s second term. Modi is believed to have agreed to second it.
Interestingly, this is the third time Gadkari’s decision has backfired, and the RSS is very upset with the turn of events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read