Monsoon sets in over Kerala, likely to reach Delhi on June 29
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The south-west monsoon, which set in over Kerala and Lakshwadeep on Saturday, is slated to spread to other areas on Sunday. The monsoon is likely to spread to other parts of Kerala, and also reach parts of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
The monsoon is expected to reach Delhi by June 29.
With the monsoon setting in, several parts of the country, including north India, have experienced a slide in temperature. Delhi on Saturday recorded a maximum temperature of 38 degree Celsius. The minimum in the capital was a notch below normal at 26.7 degree Celsius.
Temperatures also saw a drop in the states of Punjab and Haryana which have seen the mercury soar as an effect of the heat wave sweeping the region.
The IMD had on Saturday said that conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon into some more parts of the central Arabian Sea and Karnataka, remaining parts of Tamil Nadu, some parts of south Andhra Pradesh and some more parts of Bay of Bengal during next 48 hours.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...