Monsoon sets in over Kerala, likely to reach Delhi on June 29
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The south-west monsoon, which set in over Kerala and Lakshwadeep on Saturday, is slated to spread to other areas on Sunday. The monsoon is likely to spread to other parts of Kerala, and also reach parts of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
The monsoon is expected to reach Delhi by June 29.
With the monsoon setting in, several parts of the country, including north India, have experienced a slide in temperature. Delhi on Saturday recorded a maximum temperature of 38 degree Celsius. The minimum in the capital was a notch below normal at 26.7 degree Celsius.
Temperatures also saw a drop in the states of Punjab and Haryana which have seen the mercury soar as an effect of the heat wave sweeping the region.
The IMD had on Saturday said that conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon into some more parts of the central Arabian Sea and Karnataka, remaining parts of Tamil Nadu, some parts of south Andhra Pradesh and some more parts of Bay of Bengal during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing