Naxal attack: Centre rushes additional forces
New Delhi: After a major Naxal attack on a Congress rally in Chhattisgarh, the Union Home Ministry on Saturday night said it is rushing additional paramilitary forces to help launch a combing operation for release of abducted leaders.
"Home Ministry has sent additional forces to Chhattisgarh to assist the local administration in launching combing operations for rescue of kidnapped persons," Home Ministry sources said adding "the state government has been assured of all help".
The Home Ministry has also sought a report from the state government on today`s violence. The MHA officials are in regular touch with state government officials and are monitoring the situation.
While senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma was killed in the attack, another leader VC Shukla is reported to be critical after sustaining three bullet injuries.
The Maoists also kidnapped PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son Dinesh after attacking a convoy of Congress leaders in Darba Gati Valley in Jagdalpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand