NDMC to renovate Ajmal Khan Park in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: North Delhi Municipal Corporation today announced it will undertake renovation work at Ajmal Khan Park in the Karol Bagh area with a view to transforming it into a city landmark with new recreational amenities.
North Delhi Deputy Mayor Ravindra Gupta today inspected the park, which is located over five acres of land and named after Ajmal Khan or Hakim Ajmal Khan, a freedom fighter and Indian physician specialising in the field of Unani medicine.
As per the plan, a separate playing space for children will be created inside the park along with a yoga area for women, among other amenities.
The Deputy Mayor also directed the officials to fix the fountains and lay new stonework around it. The park also has a musical fountain.
Gupta also directed the officials to polish Ajmal Khan`s statue located at the centre of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed