NDMC to renovate Ajmal Khan Park in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: North Delhi Municipal Corporation today announced it will undertake renovation work at Ajmal Khan Park in the Karol Bagh area with a view to transforming it into a city landmark with new recreational amenities.
North Delhi Deputy Mayor Ravindra Gupta today inspected the park, which is located over five acres of land and named after Ajmal Khan or Hakim Ajmal Khan, a freedom fighter and Indian physician specialising in the field of Unani medicine.
As per the plan, a separate playing space for children will be created inside the park along with a yoga area for women, among other amenities.
The Deputy Mayor also directed the officials to fix the fountains and lay new stonework around it. The park also has a musical fountain.
Gupta also directed the officials to polish Ajmal Khan`s statue located at the centre of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez