NDMC to renovate Ajmal Khan Park in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: North Delhi Municipal Corporation today announced it will undertake renovation work at Ajmal Khan Park in the Karol Bagh area with a view to transforming it into a city landmark with new recreational amenities.
North Delhi Deputy Mayor Ravindra Gupta today inspected the park, which is located over five acres of land and named after Ajmal Khan or Hakim Ajmal Khan, a freedom fighter and Indian physician specialising in the field of Unani medicine.
As per the plan, a separate playing space for children will be created inside the park along with a yoga area for women, among other amenities.
The Deputy Mayor also directed the officials to fix the fountains and lay new stonework around it. The park also has a musical fountain.
Gupta also directed the officials to polish Ajmal Khan`s statue located at the centre of the park.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane