NDMC to renovate Ajmal Khan Park in Karol Bagh
New Delhi: North Delhi Municipal Corporation today announced it will undertake renovation work at Ajmal Khan Park in the Karol Bagh area with a view to transforming it into a city landmark with new recreational amenities.
North Delhi Deputy Mayor Ravindra Gupta today inspected the park, which is located over five acres of land and named after Ajmal Khan or Hakim Ajmal Khan, a freedom fighter and Indian physician specialising in the field of Unani medicine.
As per the plan, a separate playing space for children will be created inside the park along with a yoga area for women, among other amenities.
The Deputy Mayor also directed the officials to fix the fountains and lay new stonework around it. The park also has a musical fountain.
Gupta also directed the officials to polish Ajmal Khan`s statue located at the centre of the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore