Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose continues to inspire us: President Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s role in India`s freedom struggle is "unique" and he continues to inspire countrymen by his single-minded devotion to the cause, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Wednesday.
"Netaji`s role in India`s freedom struggle was unique. For him, the fight for India`s independence was also a part of a larger struggle against colonialism and imperialism and creation of a society that would usher in development of the masses in the widest possible sense.
"Netaji continues to inspire all Indians," Mukherjee said at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
During the function, the President was presented a copy of book `Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Germany`, by Netaji`s daughter Prof Anita B Pfaff. The book has been brought out by the Federation of Indo-German Societies in India.
The President said he was particularly happy to see this publication as it was an extraordinary collection of records shared by Prof Anita herself as well as other eminent writers and biographers.
Mukherjee said the book portrayed some interesting facets of Netaji`s life and his extraordinary contribution to India`s freedom struggle.
"Through this book, we once again feel inspired by the single-minded devotion of Netaji in his efforts for the freedom of his motherland," he said.
The President recalled his earlier visit to the residence of Prof Anita in Augsburg, Germany in 1995, where he said, he had the privilege of meeting with three generations of Netaji`s family.
He added that this publication was a tribute to Netaji who was one of the greatest leaders of the national movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read