Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose continues to inspire us: President Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s role in India`s freedom struggle is "unique" and he continues to inspire countrymen by his single-minded devotion to the cause, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Wednesday.
"Netaji`s role in India`s freedom struggle was unique. For him, the fight for India`s independence was also a part of a larger struggle against colonialism and imperialism and creation of a society that would usher in development of the masses in the widest possible sense.
"Netaji continues to inspire all Indians," Mukherjee said at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
During the function, the President was presented a copy of book `Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Germany`, by Netaji`s daughter Prof Anita B Pfaff. The book has been brought out by the Federation of Indo-German Societies in India.
The President said he was particularly happy to see this publication as it was an extraordinary collection of records shared by Prof Anita herself as well as other eminent writers and biographers.
Mukherjee said the book portrayed some interesting facets of Netaji`s life and his extraordinary contribution to India`s freedom struggle.
"Through this book, we once again feel inspired by the single-minded devotion of Netaji in his efforts for the freedom of his motherland," he said.
The President recalled his earlier visit to the residence of Prof Anita in Augsburg, Germany in 1995, where he said, he had the privilege of meeting with three generations of Netaji`s family.
He added that this publication was a tribute to Netaji who was one of the greatest leaders of the national movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends