No threat to ICP at Wagah border: Pak Rangers chief
Attari: The newly-built Integrated Check Post at the Wagah border on Pakistani side is fully secure and there is no threat to it, the Chief of Pakistan`s border guarding force said on Sunday.
"The ICP is fully secure and there is no threat to it from anywhere, including Pakistani outlawed outfits," Pakistan Rangers Director General (Sindh) Maj Gen Rizwan Akhtar, who is leading a high-level delegation of Pakistan Rangers and the country`s Interior ministry for the five-day border-level talks with the BSF in New Delhi, told media here.
The 18-member delegation crossed over to India through the Wagah border in the morning.
Maj Gen Akhtar told media that during the meeting issues related to security of international borders on both sides, repatriation of Indo-Pak prisoners and drug smuggling will be discussed.
The top brass of both the border guarding forces are meeting in Delhi for the first time and the talks are aimed at thrashing out a host of issues including recent incidents of firing and ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city