No threat to ICP at Wagah border: Pak Rangers chief
Attari: The newly-built Integrated Check Post at the Wagah border on Pakistani side is fully secure and there is no threat to it, the Chief of Pakistan`s border guarding force said on Sunday.
"The ICP is fully secure and there is no threat to it from anywhere, including Pakistani outlawed outfits," Pakistan Rangers Director General (Sindh) Maj Gen Rizwan Akhtar, who is leading a high-level delegation of Pakistan Rangers and the country`s Interior ministry for the five-day border-level talks with the BSF in New Delhi, told media here.
The 18-member delegation crossed over to India through the Wagah border in the morning.
Maj Gen Akhtar told media that during the meeting issues related to security of international borders on both sides, repatriation of Indo-Pak prisoners and drug smuggling will be discussed.
The top brass of both the border guarding forces are meeting in Delhi for the first time and the talks are aimed at thrashing out a host of issues including recent incidents of firing and ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday