No threat to ICP at Wagah border: Pak Rangers chief
Attari: The newly-built Integrated Check Post at the Wagah border on Pakistani side is fully secure and there is no threat to it, the Chief of Pakistan`s border guarding force said on Sunday.
"The ICP is fully secure and there is no threat to it from anywhere, including Pakistani outlawed outfits," Pakistan Rangers Director General (Sindh) Maj Gen Rizwan Akhtar, who is leading a high-level delegation of Pakistan Rangers and the country`s Interior ministry for the five-day border-level talks with the BSF in New Delhi, told media here.
The 18-member delegation crossed over to India through the Wagah border in the morning.
Maj Gen Akhtar told media that during the meeting issues related to security of international borders on both sides, repatriation of Indo-Pak prisoners and drug smuggling will be discussed.
The top brass of both the border guarding forces are meeting in Delhi for the first time and the talks are aimed at thrashing out a host of issues including recent incidents of firing and ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Indo-Pak border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia