Noted academician GK Chadha is dead
New Delhi: Noted economist and academician G.K. Chadha died Saturday after a heart attack, a statement said. He was 73.
The first president of the SAARC-established South Asian University, Chadha was associated with the university since its inception in 2008, said a university statement.
Born in 1940, Chadha was also the former vice chancellor and professor emeritus of the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Chadha had also served as member of the Economic Advisory Council to the prime minister and chaired the UGC Pay Review Committee (Sixth Pay Commission) for university and college teachers.
He is survived by his wife, son and daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog