Noted academician GK Chadha is dead
New Delhi: Noted economist and academician G.K. Chadha died Saturday after a heart attack, a statement said. He was 73.
The first president of the SAARC-established South Asian University, Chadha was associated with the university since its inception in 2008, said a university statement.
Born in 1940, Chadha was also the former vice chancellor and professor emeritus of the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Chadha had also served as member of the Economic Advisory Council to the prime minister and chaired the UGC Pay Review Committee (Sixth Pay Commission) for university and college teachers.
He is survived by his wife, son and daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales