The proposed agreements for better regional connectivity, including a motor vehicle pact, to be signed during the SAARC Summit are unlikely to be inked with Pakistan opposing them, saying it was yet to complete its "internal processes".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held bilateral talks with all Heads of Government and State attending the 18th SAARC Summit here with Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif the only conspicuous exemption.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sri Lanka`s initiatives to achieve reconciliation with the minority Tamil community.
In an unexpected turn of events, recently designated HRD Minister Smriti Irani has found a new supporter in Congress leader Rashid Alvi, who on Wednesday slammed the remarks made on the former`s educational qualification.
There was praise for Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s diplomatic initiative of inviting the South Asian neighbours, especially Pakistan, to his swearing-in ceremony.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif met here on Tuesday and discussed bilateral issues, their meeting lasting longer than expected, officials said.
A day after taking oath as the 15th prime minister of India, Narendra Modi will have his first international assignment on Tuesday – a one-on-one meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif, who is in India at the invitation of the BJP leader.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday night hosted a dinner for visiting SAARC leaders and Prime Minister Narendra Modi where the guests were treated to a variety of dishes drawn from various parts of the country.
The oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi was on Monday shown live by Pakistani television channels highlighting the presence of various high-profile guests, such as SAARC leaders including Premier Nawaz Sharif, Bollywood stars and corporate bigwigs.
MaldivianPresident Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, has arrived here to attend prime minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony as the 15th prime minister of India on Monday.
By inviting leaders of all the SAARC countries, and representatives from all the countries attending the event, the PMs swearing in ceremony has indirectly become a SAARC summit.
All 21 ministers of the newly formed Anandiben Patel-led Gujarat BJP government, along with office bearers of the BJP`s Gujarat unit will attend the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi tomorrow at Delhi, reports said on Sunday.
The elaborate security arrangement at Rashtrapati Bhavan for hosting Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi`s swearing-in tomorrow will also see a `crack` unit of infantry trained-canines deployed for conducting anti- sabotage checks and sanitising the venue, reports said on Sunday.
Narendrabhai Damodardas Modi, 63, will be sworn in as the India`s 15 Prime Minister on Monday by President Pranab Mukherjee at a grand, open air ceremony in the forecourt of the majestic Rashtrapati Bhawan, which will be watched throughout India and in international capitals.
Gujarati popular dish kela methi nu shaak, mouth-watering `Chicken chettinad` from Tamil Nadu, Punjab`s Dal makhani and Bengali dish Potol Dorma will be served at a private dinner hosted by President Pranab Mukherjee for visiting foreign dignitaries on Monday.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Sunday backed Narendra Modi`s decision to invite heads of SAARC countries, including Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif, for his swearing-in, saying dialouge is the only way forward to solve problems.
Stars of Bollywood film faternity, Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan,Salman Khan,Rekha and Bharat Ratna awardees Lata Mangeshkar and Sachin Tendulkar have been invited to be a part of the Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony on May 26.
Rashtrapati Bhavan will remain closed to public for two days from Friday due to preparations for Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony on Monday as country`s 15th Prime Minister.
Along with many SAARC Heads of Governments and States, Mauritius Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam will be attending the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
BJP rejected objections by Tamil parties to the invitation to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa for Modi`s swearing-in ceremony, saying it should be seen as a "celebration of democracy".
BJP today said that it was Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s desire to invite the heads of government of all SAARC countries to his swearing-in, saying it is a first step towards improving ties with India`s neighbours.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has been invited to attend Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on May 26, reports said on Wednesday.
The Nepal government has decided to host the 18th SAARC summit Nov 14 this year, officials here said.
Noted economist and academician G.K. Chadha died Saturday after a heart attack, a statement said. He was 73.
India on Thursday called for institutional reform within the SAARC and define a clear set of policies on the nature of the grouping`s relations with countries having observer status.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Pakistan Foreign Minister Sartaj Aziz will attend the SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting in Maldives on Thursday.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will be holding talks with his Pakistani counterpart tomorrow on the sidelines of a SAARC meeting in Maldives amidst assertions here that the bilateral meet should not be construed as resumption of comprehensive Indo-Pak talks.
Vice President Hamid Ansari Saturday said the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries, despite sharing social and cultural affinities, have not done enough to prosper as a regional bloc.
The Pakistan government is working on a "zero conflict policy" to address all outstanding issues with countries like India and Afghanistan and to improve trade and political ties, Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal said on Monday.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Top 10 news @7am
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Seahorse-inspired robots to assist in surgeries
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- India refuses to vote against Israel at UNHRC
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?