Only dollar and Sonia’s son-in-law have grown stronger under UPA: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday took a jibe at the UPA government as the rupee dropped to a historic low of 62, and said only two things have got stronger under the Congress party’s rule ‘one is dollar and the other is Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law’.
BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi used the occasion to target Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra, who has off late come under sharp criticism over the alleged dubious land deals.
“Only two things have got strong in this government’s rule. One is dollar and the other is damaad (son-in-law),” said Naqvi.
The rupee dropped to a historic low of 62.00 per dollar in late morning trade today.
The rupee surpassed the previous all-time low of 61.80 hit just last week and traded nearly one percent lower from Wednesday`s close of 61.43.
The partially convertible rupee was trading at 61.87/89 per dollar at 10.26 am, after hitting a record low of 62.03.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened