Only dollar and Sonia’s son-in-law have grown stronger under UPA: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday took a jibe at the UPA government as the rupee dropped to a historic low of 62, and said only two things have got stronger under the Congress party’s rule ‘one is dollar and the other is Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law’.
BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi used the occasion to target Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra, who has off late come under sharp criticism over the alleged dubious land deals.
“Only two things have got strong in this government’s rule. One is dollar and the other is damaad (son-in-law),” said Naqvi.
The rupee dropped to a historic low of 62.00 per dollar in late morning trade today.
The rupee surpassed the previous all-time low of 61.80 hit just last week and traded nearly one percent lower from Wednesday`s close of 61.43.
The partially convertible rupee was trading at 61.87/89 per dollar at 10.26 am, after hitting a record low of 62.03.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply