Onus to maintain relationship lies with Cong: SP
New Delhi: In what can be seen as a hardening of position vis-a-vis the Presidential elections, a senior member of the Samjawadi Party said on Thursday that if relationship sours with the Congress party, then the latter will be blamed for the same.
Talking to a TV channel on the issue of Presidential elections, Ram Gopal Yadav said, “It happens in politics. Names are suggested and rejected.” He added that the SP was trying to build a consensus on the whole matter.
However, he also said that the responsibility for maintaining the relationship between the two parties lie with the major partner. “If something goes wrong, Congress will be held responsible for it,” he said on an ominous note.
“We fought against each other in the recently concluded Assemble elections in Uttar Pradesh and in that polls, the Congress criticised us more than they did the BJP and the BSP. However, we are supporting the Congress at the Centre,” the SP leader further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'