Onus to maintain relationship lies with Cong: SP
New Delhi: In what can be seen as a hardening of position vis-a-vis the Presidential elections, a senior member of the Samjawadi Party said on Thursday that if relationship sours with the Congress party, then the latter will be blamed for the same.
Talking to a TV channel on the issue of Presidential elections, Ram Gopal Yadav said, “It happens in politics. Names are suggested and rejected.” He added that the SP was trying to build a consensus on the whole matter.
However, he also said that the responsibility for maintaining the relationship between the two parties lie with the major partner. “If something goes wrong, Congress will be held responsible for it,” he said on an ominous note.
“We fought against each other in the recently concluded Assemble elections in Uttar Pradesh and in that polls, the Congress criticised us more than they did the BJP and the BSP. However, we are supporting the Congress at the Centre,” the SP leader further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested