Manish Pandey played an absolute blinder as Kolkata Knight Riders held their nerves to beat a spirited Kings XI Punjab by three wickets in an exhilarting summit clash to win the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League here today.
Jayanto Bhowmick`s voice was choked as he spoke about his favourite ward Wriddhiman Saha`s "career-defining knock" which he felt came at the right time in his career.
More things change, more they remain the same. This is true, especially for Kolkata Knight Riders` spinner Sunil Narine.
The focus has remained firmly on cricket this time around and in what seems to be the perfect finale, the season`s most consistent team Kings XI Punjab would eye a maiden triumph against the ever-resilient Kolkata Knight Riders in the title clash of the seventh Indian Premier League here on Sunday.
In what promises to be a high octane IPL final here tomorrow, skippers of Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders -- George Bailey and Gautam Gambhir respectively -- are focusing on their strengths instead of thinking much about each other`s potential.
After Kings XI Punjab stormed into their first IPL final riding on Virender Sehwag`s century, the opener compared coach Sanjay Bangar to former India coach Gary Kirsten, who was in charge when the team triumphed in the 2011 World Cup.
The run-outs of Suresh Raina and Brendon McCullum saw Chennai Super Kings lose momentum when chasing the huge target set by Kings XI Punjab in the IPL Qualifier 2, said CSK`s coach Stephen Fleming after his side lost by 24 runs at the Wankhede Stadium.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine will miss next month`s three-test series against New Zealand after opting to stay with his Indian Premier League team, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has said.
Kings XI Punjab`s Virender Sehwag smashed a match winning knock of 122 runs against Chennai Super Kings on Friday.
Irrespective of the the side one was one, it was hard not to enjoy that innings from Virender Sehwag.
As his tenure will come to an end after the conclusion of the IPL final on June 1, BCCI-IPL president Sunil Gavaskar feels effective implementation of ideas is a big challenge for any former player who wants to don the administrator`s hat.
Kings XI Punjab has been the most successful IPL team of the on-going edition thus far. The franchise has won 11 matches out of the fifteen they have played. KXIP started off the edition on a winning note and kept that momentum going.
In the second qualifier of the India Premier League`s 7th edition, the most successful team in the history of the tournament, Chennai Super Kings will lock horns with the most consistent team of this edition, Kings XI Punjab, later in the day at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Crashed out of the Indian Premier League after going down to Chennai Super Kings in the Eliminator, Mumbai Indians head coach John Wright admitted that the reigning champions were completely outplayed in all departments of the game.
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- DNA: Today in History, 21st January, 2017
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and BR Ambedkar's name as election agenda?
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and B.R. Ambedkar's name as election agenda? Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values Part IV
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Younger Phogat sisters hope to claim Olympic medal to complete father's unfulfilled dream
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- Ukraine and sores of Black Sea looks spectacular from space station!
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: 'BJP would gain if Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance fails'
- Rashtrapati Bhavan unhappy at President's photos appearing in Congress hoardings
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- India vs England, T20Is: R Ashwin-Ravindra Jadeja pair rested, Amit Mishra, Parvez Rasool recalled
- LIVE - Tamil Nadu Governor promulgates Ordinance lifting ban on Jallikattu