Pakistan in denial mode again, rejects killing of Indian soldiers
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a reaction which can be said to be hackneyed and following a similar pattern, Pakistan on Tuesday rejected killing of Indian soldiers on the LoC.
"Pakistan rejects the allegations carried by some sections of the Indian media of an attack across the LoC in the Poonch sector in which five Indian soldiers were claimed to have been killed. These are baseless and unfounded allegations," Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said.
"Our military authorities have confirmed that there had been no exchange of fire that could have resulted in such an incident," he said in a statement.
Pakistan is committed to the ceasefire agreement of 2003, which is "an important Confidence-Building Measure and should be respected in letter and spirit", Chaudhry said.
Islamabad further called for "abiding by and strengthening existing military mechanisms to ensure that such ill-founded reports that have the potential of vitiating the atmosphere, are avoided".
Meanwhile, India today had lodged a strong protest over the killings and had summoned Pakistan’s Deputy High Commissioner Mansoor Ahmed Khan.
Khan was summoned by Joint Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs Rudrendra Tandon in South Block and delivered a strong diplomatic message, sources said.
Pakistani troops had opened fire along in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday night. A Junior Commissioned Officer and four soldiers were killed and another soldier was injured when the Pakistani troops ambushed the six-member Indian patrol.
In the Lok Sabha, Defence Minister AK Antony said a strong message has been sent to Pakistan. He further asserted that the Indian Army was ready to take all necessary steps.
According to sources, 15-20 Pakistani soldiers of 101 Mujahideen Regiment, aided by a few terrorists, attacked the Sarla post on the Indian side of the LoC.
The Pakistani Armymen reportedly intruded 500 metres into the Indian side of LoC past midnight.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read