Pakistan minister calls off India visit over LoC tension
Islamabad: Pakistan Commerce Minister Amin Fahim has called off his scheduled visit to India in the wake of prevailing tensions between the two countries over violations along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir region, Online news agency reported Sunday.
Fahim was to attend a business meet to be held Jan 27-29 in Agra city at the invitation of Indian Commerce Minister Anand Sharma.
Though the minister said he decided against travelling to India due to clash of dates of the business meet and a scheduled meet as a team member with Pakistan-born Canadian cleric Tahirul-Qadri, official sources said Fahim`s decision was linked to the spike in tensions between India and Pakistan, the report added.
Border tensions between India and Pakistan have risen sharply since the Jan 6 death of a Pakistani soldier in alleged firing by Indian forces along the LoC. The situation worsened after two Indian soldiers were beheaded by Pakistani troops who breached the LoC and entered Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district Jan 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi