Pakistan planning more attacks along Indian border: Army
Rajouri: Sending a strong message to Pakistan over repeated ceasefire violations and BAT attacks, a top Army commander on Sunday warned it was making a "serious mistake" and said a befitting reply would be given with "full force" at the time and place of its choice.
"You (Pakistan) are making a serious mistake (with regard to ceasefire violations and BAT attacks)-- do not do it," General Officer Commanding (GOC) 25 Infantry Div, Major General V P Singh told reporters here.
He was replying to volley of questions about what strong message he wants to convey to Pakistan with regard to increase in ceasefire violations, cross border firing and Border Action Team(BAT) attack on forward Indian posts along LoC in Poonch.
India has blamed BAT, which is a mix of Pakistani special forces personnel and terrorists, for the brutal killing of its two soldiers in January, one of whom was beheaded, and killing of its five personnel along Line of Control in Poonch sector.
"...What you are putting across-- it is not going to affect, deter us or weaken our resolve," Gen Singh said.
He further said that the Army is here to respond to each and every act of Pakistan in whichever way it feels so.
Regarding Army`s strategy in the wake of the BAT attacks engineered by Pakistan, Gen Singh said "as far as BAT action is concerned, we are absolutely aware what kind of response it is going to get-- that response will be delivered".
"It will be delivered in our own time and at the place of our own choosing and with full force, that you shall see.
"It is a military matter-- as and when the response is delivered-- you will see", he said, adding "the response would be delivered-- we will select our time and place to give a befitting reply to Pakistan with full force," he said.
Gen Singh said the Defence Minister and the Chief of Army Staff have given his command clear directions that violation of ceasefire or any other act of infiltration from across LoC will be met resolutely with power and full force.
"As far as I am concerned, those directions are with me-- we are responding and retaliating to the situation as per the requirements with full force", Gen Singh said.
He further said that Army Chief had also made it clear that Army is free to reply and respond to the BAT attacks as per opportunity and strategy.
"As per opportunity and situation, what is to bedone -- everybody knows it and reply accordingly will be given."
At another media briefing at Bhimbher Gali in Poonch sector along LoC, Brigade Commander, 120 Infantry Brigade, Brig A Sengupta said Army has inputs about Pakistan trying to engineer more BAT attacks along the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam