Pakistan planning more attacks along Indian border: Army
Rajouri: Sending a strong message to Pakistan over repeated ceasefire violations and BAT attacks, a top Army commander on Sunday warned it was making a "serious mistake" and said a befitting reply would be given with "full force" at the time and place of its choice.
"You (Pakistan) are making a serious mistake (with regard to ceasefire violations and BAT attacks)-- do not do it," General Officer Commanding (GOC) 25 Infantry Div, Major General V P Singh told reporters here.
He was replying to volley of questions about what strong message he wants to convey to Pakistan with regard to increase in ceasefire violations, cross border firing and Border Action Team(BAT) attack on forward Indian posts along LoC in Poonch.
India has blamed BAT, which is a mix of Pakistani special forces personnel and terrorists, for the brutal killing of its two soldiers in January, one of whom was beheaded, and killing of its five personnel along Line of Control in Poonch sector.
"...What you are putting across-- it is not going to affect, deter us or weaken our resolve," Gen Singh said.
He further said that the Army is here to respond to each and every act of Pakistan in whichever way it feels so.
Regarding Army`s strategy in the wake of the BAT attacks engineered by Pakistan, Gen Singh said "as far as BAT action is concerned, we are absolutely aware what kind of response it is going to get-- that response will be delivered".
"It will be delivered in our own time and at the place of our own choosing and with full force, that you shall see.
"It is a military matter-- as and when the response is delivered-- you will see", he said, adding "the response would be delivered-- we will select our time and place to give a befitting reply to Pakistan with full force," he said.
Gen Singh said the Defence Minister and the Chief of Army Staff have given his command clear directions that violation of ceasefire or any other act of infiltration from across LoC will be met resolutely with power and full force.
"As far as I am concerned, those directions are with me-- we are responding and retaliating to the situation as per the requirements with full force", Gen Singh said.
He further said that Army Chief had also made it clear that Army is free to reply and respond to the BAT attacks as per opportunity and strategy.
"As per opportunity and situation, what is to bedone -- everybody knows it and reply accordingly will be given."
At another media briefing at Bhimbher Gali in Poonch sector along LoC, Brigade Commander, 120 Infantry Brigade, Brig A Sengupta said Army has inputs about Pakistan trying to engineer more BAT attacks along the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why