Parl panel members want details on incursion from Def Min, Army
New Delhi: As the stand-off with China continued, BJP members of a Parliamentary Committee have demanded that officials of the Defence Ministry and the Army be called before it to get a clear picture of the situation and on how the government is handling it.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Prakash Javadekar, members of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, have written to Chairman Raj Babbar, seeking summoning of the officials to the meeting slated for tomorrow.
In the joint letter, they have said that the situation in Ladakh is "very serious" and the Defence Ministry and the Army should be asked to explain what is happening in the Daulat Beg Oldi area where Chinese troops have entered and are camping.
The two members wanted this to be added as "urgent matter" to the agenda of the meeting.
Naqvi said they wanted the officials of the Defence Ministry and the Army to be called as the nation is concerned over the developments in Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the picture was not clear about the situation there and the Committee should be told about the developments.
Chinese troops have entered about 10 kms inside Indian territory and are refusing to leave even after two flag meetings were held.
"The issue of incursion by China in Ladakh area is a serious issue. But the government is not taking it that seriously. People are angry (over the situation at the border)," Javadekar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!