Parl panel members want details on incursion from Def Min, Army
New Delhi: As the stand-off with China continued, BJP members of a Parliamentary Committee have demanded that officials of the Defence Ministry and the Army be called before it to get a clear picture of the situation and on how the government is handling it.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Prakash Javadekar, members of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, have written to Chairman Raj Babbar, seeking summoning of the officials to the meeting slated for tomorrow.
In the joint letter, they have said that the situation in Ladakh is "very serious" and the Defence Ministry and the Army should be asked to explain what is happening in the Daulat Beg Oldi area where Chinese troops have entered and are camping.
The two members wanted this to be added as "urgent matter" to the agenda of the meeting.
Naqvi said they wanted the officials of the Defence Ministry and the Army to be called as the nation is concerned over the developments in Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the picture was not clear about the situation there and the Committee should be told about the developments.
Chinese troops have entered about 10 kms inside Indian territory and are refusing to leave even after two flag meetings were held.
"The issue of incursion by China in Ladakh area is a serious issue. But the government is not taking it that seriously. People are angry (over the situation at the border)," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered