People want us to give political alternative: Anna
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday said that people of the country should be given a “political alternative” as the government has failed to meet people’s aspirations and heed to their voice.
Anna, who’s fast entered fifth day today, said that he will not join politics but will give a political alternative from outside. “If a political party needs to be formed to bring change in the country, then so be it,” he said.
“In a true democracy, power should be in the hands of the people,” he said while asking the citizens of the country to “dislodge leaders who don’t give into people’s demand.”
Seeking people’s view on the issue, Anna said that there is nothing wrong in forming a political party as it seems to be the only option left to ensure that right people get elected to the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it