People want us to give political alternative: Anna
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday said that people of the country should be given a “political alternative” as the government has failed to meet people’s aspirations and heed to their voice.
Anna, who’s fast entered fifth day today, said that he will not join politics but will give a political alternative from outside. “If a political party needs to be formed to bring change in the country, then so be it,” he said.
“In a true democracy, power should be in the hands of the people,” he said while asking the citizens of the country to “dislodge leaders who don’t give into people’s demand.”
Seeking people’s view on the issue, Anna said that there is nothing wrong in forming a political party as it seems to be the only option left to ensure that right people get elected to the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'