Positive talks are on with China: Salman Khurshid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said "positive" talks are on with China over border dispute and hoped that desired results would be achieved soon.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from it," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told media.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the doubts being raised about the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after Ajmal Kasab`s execution, he said the two cases are totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what