Positive talks are on with China: Salman Khurshid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said "positive" talks are on with China over border dispute and hoped that desired results would be achieved soon.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from it," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told media.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the doubts being raised about the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after Ajmal Kasab`s execution, he said the two cases are totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'