Positive talks are on with China: Salman Khurshid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said "positive" talks are on with China over border dispute and hoped that desired results would be achieved soon.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from it," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told media.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the doubts being raised about the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after Ajmal Kasab`s execution, he said the two cases are totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in