Positive talks are on with China: Salman Khurshid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said "positive" talks are on with China over border dispute and hoped that desired results would be achieved soon.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from it," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told media.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the doubts being raised about the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after Ajmal Kasab`s execution, he said the two cases are totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical