Prez to interact with V-Cs through video conferencing
New Delhi: A newly-installed video conference facility in Rashtrapati Bhavan will enable President Pranab Mukherjee to interact with the Vice-Chancellors of various universities right from his official residence.
"A new room for Video-Conferencing has been created from where it is expected that the President will interact with the Vice-Chancellors, faculty and students of Universities for which he is the Visitor," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President today visited newly refurbished Vivekananda and Tagore suites located in the ground floor of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Noted classical singer Girija Devi became the first guest to use Vivekananda suite recently after work was done to restore it to original glory.
"These suites which are meant for use by guests of the President have been newly renovated, refurbished and decorated with paintings, artifacts and pieces of classical furniture collected from different parts of Rashtrapati Bhavan," the statement said.
The President`s official residence has also now got a new Research and Reference Centre. "This Research and Reference Centre is for the use of the President as well as officers of Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured