Prez to interact with V-Cs through video conferencing
New Delhi: A newly-installed video conference facility in Rashtrapati Bhavan will enable President Pranab Mukherjee to interact with the Vice-Chancellors of various universities right from his official residence.
"A new room for Video-Conferencing has been created from where it is expected that the President will interact with the Vice-Chancellors, faculty and students of Universities for which he is the Visitor," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President today visited newly refurbished Vivekananda and Tagore suites located in the ground floor of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Noted classical singer Girija Devi became the first guest to use Vivekananda suite recently after work was done to restore it to original glory.
"These suites which are meant for use by guests of the President have been newly renovated, refurbished and decorated with paintings, artifacts and pieces of classical furniture collected from different parts of Rashtrapati Bhavan," the statement said.
The President`s official residence has also now got a new Research and Reference Centre. "This Research and Reference Centre is for the use of the President as well as officers of Rashtrapati Bhavan," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC