Put behind ‘unfortunate’ 1962 war, China to India
New Delhi: China wants India to put behind the 1962 war as an "unfortunate" thing of the past and that the two countries should strengthen their military ties including formalising a border management pact under which their troops will not fire at each other.
The Chinese assessment was conveyed to the Indian Defence ministry team which visited Beijing on January 14 and 15 for the third round of the Annual Defence Dialogue between the two countries.
During the meeting with the Indian team led by Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, the Chinese side asked India to forget the 1962 war as an "unfortunate" thing of the past and said it looked forward towards better relations between the two countries, highly-placed defence sources said here today. India suffered a humiliating defeat in the 1962 war.
The Chinese side was "unusually warm" during the third round of talks and wanted a formal border management agreement along the more than 4,000-km-long Line of Actual Control (LAC).
The Chinese side, the sources said, is expected to soon send proposals in this regard which would also suggest the two sides to agree on their troops not firing at each other under any circumstances.
Beijing also wants to formalise a mechanism under which there will be no night patrolling by the troops from both sides and if they cross each others` path, they will not follow each other, sources said.
However, Beijing continued to be in denial mode when the Indian side raised the issue of presence of Chinese troops in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir(PoK).
India maintains that Chinese troops are found to be in significant numbers in PoK around the Chinese construction projects in that region.
The Chinese side did not raise any "negative" issue like they have done in the past when they questioned the statements by Services chiefs on China and the media coverage, they said.
The Indian delegation also met the Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission, who is even above the Chinese Defence Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- BCCI announces full-strength squad for Bangladesh, Harbhajan Singh makes Test return
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared