Railway Member (Mechanical) given additional charge of Chairman
New Delhi: Railway Board Member (Mechanical) Arunendra Kumar on Monday assumed additional charge as the chairman of the apex body, which has been mired in controversy over bribery allegations.
Kul Bhushan, Member (Electrical), Railway Board will look after the duties of Member (Traffic) from July 1 in addition to his own duties, said an official release.
Treading cautiously on new appointments after a Member of the board was arrested on charges of trying to bribe for a coveted posting, the government has decided to await vigilance clearances of the names proposed to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) before deciding on a full-time Chairman and Member (Traffic).
The post of Member (Staff) held by Mahesh Kumar, who is under suspension for his alleged role in the cash-for-post scam, will be held by Member (Engineering) Subodh Jain.
Rajendra Kashyap, Additional, Member (Budget), Railway Board has assumed the additional charge of Financial Commissioner.
While Member (Traffic) post was vacant since last two months ago, the posts of CRB and the Financial Commissioner fell vacant after the retirement of the incumbents on June 30.
Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge had said that steps were being taken to fill vacant posts in the board and appointments would be made after getting clearance from the Central Vigilance Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Rio Olympic 2016: IOA taking steps to nullify Zika virus threat on Indian contingent
- Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016: Check rajeduboard.nic.in for BSER/RBSE 8th board result 2016
- Cong MLAs, Rashid stage walkout from J&K Assembly
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative