Railway Member (Mechanical) given additional charge of Chairman
New Delhi: Railway Board Member (Mechanical) Arunendra Kumar on Monday assumed additional charge as the chairman of the apex body, which has been mired in controversy over bribery allegations.
Kul Bhushan, Member (Electrical), Railway Board will look after the duties of Member (Traffic) from July 1 in addition to his own duties, said an official release.
Treading cautiously on new appointments after a Member of the board was arrested on charges of trying to bribe for a coveted posting, the government has decided to await vigilance clearances of the names proposed to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) before deciding on a full-time Chairman and Member (Traffic).
The post of Member (Staff) held by Mahesh Kumar, who is under suspension for his alleged role in the cash-for-post scam, will be held by Member (Engineering) Subodh Jain.
Rajendra Kashyap, Additional, Member (Budget), Railway Board has assumed the additional charge of Financial Commissioner.
While Member (Traffic) post was vacant since last two months ago, the posts of CRB and the Financial Commissioner fell vacant after the retirement of the incumbents on June 30.
Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge had said that steps were being taken to fill vacant posts in the board and appointments would be made after getting clearance from the Central Vigilance Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi