Running coalition will be different cup of tea for Modi: Chavan
New Delhi: Criticising BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for not spelling out his views on important issues, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said it would be difficult for the Gujarat Chief Minister to run a coalition government.
Slamming Modi for the language used by Modi in his speeches, Chavan said the Gujarat Chief Minister should spell out his views on issues like foreign and economic polices, but there has not been a single statement on these matters.
"I would like him to articulate his vision for the country, whether it is the popular theme of BJP like the Ram Mandir issue, Uniform Civil Code and Article 370."
"Also what is his vision about foreign policy, Pakistan... what is vision about the economy, natural resources. There has not been a single statement on this. Just to say that a particular state has done well does not give confidence," Chavan said.
He was talking to reporters at an Indian Women Press Corps event.
Chavan noted that running the state without any coalition was different from running a coalition government, which requires a "different temperament".
"Mr Modi has won elections....Mr Modi has ruled Gujarat, but it`s different in coalition. Running a coalition is a different cup of tea compared to running a single party government. I have doubts whether the gentleman can successfully run (a coalition government). A different temperament is required," Chavan said.
He said a "new paradigm" can be seen because opposition parties normally never projected prime ministerial candidate before elections. But this time, it has, the former Union Minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living