Shinde refuses to comment on claim of tardy police response
Surat: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday refused to get into the controversy over the claim by the friend of the Delhi gang-rape victim that police response to their distress was tardy, saying he would comment only after knowing the facts.
"I would not like to comment on the issue. I will comment only after I get a detail report on it," he told reporters here.
Shinde was replying to a question on the claim by the male friend of the gang-rape victim who claimed that Delhi Police`s response was tardy when they were thrown out of the bus after she was gang-raped by six men.
Contradicting police claims that they acted swiftly after being informed, the friend said three Police Control Room vans arrived at the scene only after about 45 minutes and wasted time in deciding under which police station`s jurisdiction the case fell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report