SP ridicules Modi over `56-inch chest` remarks
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday ridiculed BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his "56-inch chest" remarks, claiming that it was he who "had to hide under a cot" for one-and-a-half hours in Chhattisgarh in 2000.
"Everyone in Chhattisgarh is laughing at Modi over his 56-inch chest remarks... He is the same person who, when sent to the state by RSS to oversee BJP`s presidential polls in which Lakhiram Agarwal and Brijmohan Agarwal were contesting, had to hide under a cot for over one-and-a-half hours when their supporters clashed," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
"He (Modi) came out from under the cot only after police arrived at the spot," Chowdhury claimed.
Earlier in the day, Modi at his Gorakhpur rally said, "Netaji (Mulayam), do you know the meaning of converting (UP) to Gujarat? It means 24-hour electricity in every village and street. You can`t do it. It requires 56-inch chest," apparently suggesting that it requires decisiveness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened