Sushilkumar Shinde concerned over Pak ceasefire violations
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday expressed concern over repeated ceasefire violations from across the border along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, and said he would be visiting the area to assess the situation on ground.
"We have sufficient information that there has been an infiltration. This might be the result of decisions taken by the Indian Government against militants in the past few years," he told media here.
In Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan again violated ceasefire several times in Ramgarh and Arnia sectors last night with heavy mortar and rocket shelling at 13 Indian posts and forward villages.
According to reports, the Pak Rangers fired 82 mm mortars and rockets targeting seven to eight forward villages and BSF posts at SM Pur, Narayanpur, Chamblyal, Nanga, from 8.30 pm yesterday.
The Border Security Force retaliated very effectively giving an equal response to the Pak Rangers.
The heavy exchange of fire in Ramgarh continued till 3 a.m. today.
The attacks coincide with Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s four-day visit to the US, where he hinted at seeking US intervention in resolving the Kashmir issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands