Telangana Bill: Black day in history of country, says Jagan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Slamming the way the contentious Telangana Bill was passed in the Lok Sabha, YRS Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy said on Tuesday that it was a `black day` in the history of the country.
Talking to the media in the national capital, Reddy said that the bill was passed undemocratically. “We were not let in the House. The bill was passed undemocratically.”
“The way the proceedings took place, it showed as to how democracy could be killed. This is a black day in the history of the country,” he added.
He also said that the YSR Congress was planning a bandh in Andhra Pradesh tomorrow.
Jagan Reddy`s YSR Congress is against the creation of a separate state of Telangana and has been protesting for a united Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan, who had sat on a dharna at Jantar Mantar yesterday, protesting the bifurcation of the state, has accused Sonia Gandhi of dividing the state for political gains.
He has charged the ruling party with dividing the state with the sole aim of making Rahul Gandhi PM as it hoped to win some seats by aligning with TRS in Telangana.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery