`Terror module had links with Lashkar-e-Toiba`
New Delhi: The Centre today said a terror
module busted in the national capital recently had links with
Pakistan-based terrorist group Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said a special
team of Delhi Police with the help of central intelligence
agencies and police from West Bengal, Bihar and Tamil Nadu
apprehended seven members, including a Pakistani national, of
an Indian Mujahideen module last month.
This Indian Mujahideen module was suspected to be involved
in February 13, 2010 Pune German bakery blast, blast in
Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010 and shoot
out at the Jama Masjid on September 19, 2010.
"The IM modules are linked to Pakistan based terror
groups viz. Lashkar-e-Toiba," he informed Lok Sabha in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days