Three Goan workers refuse to leave Libya
Panaji: Even as Indian expats have been brought out of strife-torn Libya, three people from Goa have refused to leave the country because they feel safe there, a statement said Tuesday.
The statement issued by the state government`s Non Resident Indian (NRI) affairs department said the three Goans have preferred not to heed the Indian mission`s call there and insisted on staying back in Libya because they "feel safe" and are gainfully employed.
"Since they are gainfully employed in Libya for quite some time and feel safe, presumably they are not interested in returning to India," NRI Affairs Director UD Kamat said in a statement issued here.
All the three are registered with the Indian mission in Tripoli.
The central government has already carried out at least two air evacuations of Indians in Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof