UK Foreign Minister to arrive in India today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: United Kingdom`s Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, William Hague, will arrive in India on a two-day visit for the first time after the formation of the NDA government in the country.
The visit will focus on key areas, including ways to enhance investment, defence and security ties between the two countries.
Accompanied by senior ministers from the British government and UK Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, Hague will hold talks with the Indian officials on areas including trade and defence.
The British delegation will meet with Prime Minister Narendra Modi while Hague will also hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday.
The visit by the British government is taking place after almost a decade of boycott of Narendra Modi – the current Prime Minister - post 2002 Gujarat communal riots.
British High Commissioner James Bevan ended the boycott after he called on Modi when he was the Gujarat Chief Minister in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY