UK Foreign Minister to arrive in India today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: United Kingdom`s Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, William Hague, will arrive in India on a two-day visit for the first time after the formation of the NDA government in the country.
The visit will focus on key areas, including ways to enhance investment, defence and security ties between the two countries.
Accompanied by senior ministers from the British government and UK Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, Hague will hold talks with the Indian officials on areas including trade and defence.
The British delegation will meet with Prime Minister Narendra Modi while Hague will also hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday.
The visit by the British government is taking place after almost a decade of boycott of Narendra Modi – the current Prime Minister - post 2002 Gujarat communal riots.
British High Commissioner James Bevan ended the boycott after he called on Modi when he was the Gujarat Chief Minister in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie