Unwell Anna Hazare returns to Ralegan Siddhi
Ralegan Siddhi: An unwell Anna Hazare on Thursday reached his village, a day after he called off his fast against Government`s Lokpal Bill, with his close aides requesting supporters not to trouble the activist as he needed "complete rest" for one week.
"Anna Hazare reached Ralegan. Request to all supporters
and visitors he needs complete rest for one week," his close
aide Suresh Pathare tweeted.
Pathare also gave a medical update of Hazare which said,
"BP 120/ 90, fever, cough, cold and weakness, needs rest for
Poor health and lukewarm public response led to Hazare
calling off his fast last evening. He spent the night at the
Maharashtra government`s guest house in suburban Bandra and
left Mumbai this morning, another associate Datta Awari
told a news agency.
The 74-year-old activist has been advised rest by the
doctors, he said.
Notwithstanding the poor turnout at the protest venues
both in Mumbai and in Delhi, Hazare renewed the threat to
campaign against Congress in five poll-bound states including
UP for bringing a "weak" Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'