Unwell Anna Hazare returns to Ralegan Siddhi
Ralegan Siddhi: An unwell Anna Hazare on Thursday reached his village, a day after he called off his fast against Government`s Lokpal Bill, with his close aides requesting supporters not to trouble the activist as he needed "complete rest" for one week.
"Anna Hazare reached Ralegan. Request to all supporters
and visitors he needs complete rest for one week," his close
aide Suresh Pathare tweeted.
Pathare also gave a medical update of Hazare which said,
"BP 120/ 90, fever, cough, cold and weakness, needs rest for
Poor health and lukewarm public response led to Hazare
calling off his fast last evening. He spent the night at the
Maharashtra government`s guest house in suburban Bandra and
left Mumbai this morning, another associate Datta Awari
told a news agency.
The 74-year-old activist has been advised rest by the
doctors, he said.
Notwithstanding the poor turnout at the protest venues
both in Mumbai and in Delhi, Hazare renewed the threat to
campaign against Congress in five poll-bound states including
UP for bringing a "weak" Lokpal Bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra