William Burns to visit India
Washington: US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns would travel to India next week to hold talks on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues with top
officials of the country, the State Department has announced.
"In New Delhi, he will meet senior government officials to discuss a broad range of bilateral, regional, and global issues, underscoring the continued growth in the strategic partnership," it said in a statement, announcing the December
11 to 13 visit of Burns to India.
Burns will also travel to Mumbai, where he will meet business leaders and join US Consulate General employees for a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the American mission`s new facility there, the state said.
On December 13, Burns will travel to Hanoi for meetings with the Vietnamese leadership to discuss the developing strategic relationship between the two countries, including economic cooperation, people-to-people ties, and the ongoing
human rights concerns.
Burns would go to Kuala Lumpur December 14, where he will meet a range of senior officials and other Malaysian opinion leaders.
"His visit reflects our commitment to strengthening our cooperative partnership with Malaysia," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona