William Burns to visit India
Washington: US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns would travel to India next week to hold talks on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues with top
officials of the country, the State Department has announced.
"In New Delhi, he will meet senior government officials to discuss a broad range of bilateral, regional, and global issues, underscoring the continued growth in the strategic partnership," it said in a statement, announcing the December
11 to 13 visit of Burns to India.
Burns will also travel to Mumbai, where he will meet business leaders and join US Consulate General employees for a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the American mission`s new facility there, the state said.
On December 13, Burns will travel to Hanoi for meetings with the Vietnamese leadership to discuss the developing strategic relationship between the two countries, including economic cooperation, people-to-people ties, and the ongoing
human rights concerns.
Burns would go to Kuala Lumpur December 14, where he will meet a range of senior officials and other Malaysian opinion leaders.
"His visit reflects our commitment to strengthening our cooperative partnership with Malaysia," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow
- Congress to raise Kandhamal killings in Parliament