William Burns to visit India
Washington: US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns would travel to India next week to hold talks on a wide range of bilateral, regional and global issues with top
officials of the country, the State Department has announced.
"In New Delhi, he will meet senior government officials to discuss a broad range of bilateral, regional, and global issues, underscoring the continued growth in the strategic partnership," it said in a statement, announcing the December
11 to 13 visit of Burns to India.
Burns will also travel to Mumbai, where he will meet business leaders and join US Consulate General employees for a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the American mission`s new facility there, the state said.
On December 13, Burns will travel to Hanoi for meetings with the Vietnamese leadership to discuss the developing strategic relationship between the two countries, including economic cooperation, people-to-people ties, and the ongoing
human rights concerns.
Burns would go to Kuala Lumpur December 14, where he will meet a range of senior officials and other Malaysian opinion leaders.
"His visit reflects our commitment to strengthening our cooperative partnership with Malaysia," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical