Women worst affected in crisis situation: Swaraj
New Delhi: Women are the most vulnerable lot - be it in natural calamities or economic crisis or growing corruption, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said in the national capital on Thursday.
"Whenever anything major happens around -- be it the fall of rupee or rise in corruption...An incidence of national rivalry or Uttarakhand floods, they have affected women the most. Women are in one or other way affected by the national policies or the foreign policies," Swaraj said at a function to release BJP Mahila Morcha`s monthly magazine `Hamari Bahene (our sisters)`.
She also lauded the efforts of BJP mahila morcha president Saroj Pandey in bringing out the magazine.
Praising the magazine title, Swaraj said it was a message in itself.
"With this simple title, a message has been imparted that our organisation`s main values are based on `We` and not `I`," she said.
Emphasising on the need of women party workers being well informed, Swaraj said, "A political worker has two major weapons - correct facts and strong argument. To get your opinion reach out to masses and to defeat the opposition and also to increase your support base, you need to have a total grasp on your subject. Our party sisters should know the important developments happening in country and the party`s view on that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore