The US President, father of two teenage daughters, pledged to tear down all barriers that deny women equal opportunity, in his proclamation issued yesterday to declare August 26 as the Women`s Equality day.
A 24-year-old woman, working as a housemaid here, was allegedly raped and murder by her employers when she demanded her cumulative salary of past five years, amounting to Rs 1.80 lakh, police said on Saturday.
More US women are seeking hormonal treatments for menopausal symptoms from anti-ageing clinicians, feeling that conventional doctors do not take their suffering seriously, according to a new study.
Risky situations in any setting increases anxiety among women, leading them to perform worse under stressed circumstances, finds a new study.
A new study has suggested that women with lack of Vitamin D were nearly half as likely to conceive through in vitro fertilization (IVF) as compared to women who had sufficient levels of the vitamin.
Government will introduce an integrated computerized system through which efficiency of police vehicles to distress calls by women in 114 cities will be improved using GPS technology, Rajya Sabha was told on Wednesday.
Women in north Nigeria`s largest city Kano are abandoning their traditional religious dress after a spate of suicide bombings by young girls with explosives under their hijab.
Dozens of top female football players alleging gender discrimination have reportedly threatened to sue FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association over artificial playing surfaces planned to be used for the 2015 Women`s World Cup in Canada.
Reminiscent of Taliban rule in neighbouring Afghanistan, a group of clerics in Pakistan`s northwestern tribal region has barred women from venturing out of their homes without a male relative, warning that the violators would be fined and socially boycotted.
Women who regularly visit pornography sites on internet are at a greater risk of developing cybersex addiction, says a significant study.
A new study has explained why brain tumors occurred more often in males and regularly are more damaging than similar tumors in females.
A new study has recently revealed that men lie more than women.
Three women were killed in the Somali capital on Sunday, and seven others were wounded when a remotely detonated bomb exploded in a busy market, police and witnesses said.
A recent spate of acid attacks in a region of Pakistan previously untouched by the crime has sparked an impassioned debate about rising Islamisation that is forcing an increasing number of women to stay at home.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Friday expressed its deep concern about the impact of the ongoing Gaza conflict on women`s health and access to safe births.
Japan must work to "eliminate misogyny" if it wants to draw more women into the workforce as part of a wider bid to stimulate the economy, said the head of the United Nations Development Programme.
A new study has found that the puberty age of girls largely depends on which of the two parents` `imprinted` genes they have.
A new law that allows women in Saudi Arabia to vote and contest in municipal elections has come into force, a media report said Wednesday.
A 40-year-old alleged victim of gang rape today tried to immolate herself in front of the District Collector`s office here alleging inaction by the police force.
Aakriti Gupta, an Indian-origin researcher at the Yale School of Medicine, has found that women have longer hospital stays and are more likely than men to die in the hospital after a heart attack.
The participation of women in the workforce is less than half of men, government told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
Expressing dismay over the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani today asked the Akhilesh Yadav government to pay special attention towards the security of women and children.
So you thought only girls hide things from their boyfriends – the truth is that men too are quite secretive to a lot of things. Especially things that embarrass him. There are quite a few secrets that men would rather take to their graves than share with you – but worry not. We are here to let you in some of the things they refuse to admit.
Five hundred home guards personnel will be deployed for security of women commuters on suburban trains in Mumbai, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil said here on Friday.
In what could result in specific behavioural interventions to treat obesity, researchers have found that obese women are better able to identify cues that predict monetary rewards than those that predict food rewards.
Women with a history of pregnancy loss are at higher risk for cardiovascular disease later in life than other women, says a study.
Some of our best beliefs about women are working against them, finds Averil Nunes
The Congress and the BSP slammed the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh for downsizing the budget allocation for state women`s commission when it has money for buying two seven-seater Mercedes cars and two Land Cruiser SUVs.
Zunera once dreamed of becoming a computer engineer. Instead, aged 16, the bright-eyed Pakistani girl was tricked into prostitution in the UAE, beginning a four-year nightmare of cruelty, violence and rape.
Men who experience hot flashes won`t reveal much about it, but they may find relief from their silent suffering if they are willing to try an unusual treatment, Hypnotic Relaxation Therapy, according to findings from a Baylor University study.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Parliament logjam continues as Opposition creates uproar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Mumbai Cricket Association lifts Shah Rukh Khan's Wankhede ban