Following up on its earlier pledge to spend $300 million over the next five years to improve diversity, Intel Corp promised more on Tuesday, this time to back companies with women and minorities in leadership roles.
Demanding adequate social security measures for them including pension and better access to government entitlements, scores of single women from different parts of the country have descended here for a two-day meeting starting Wednesday.
The US President, father of two teenage daughters, pledged to tear down all barriers that deny women equal opportunity, in his proclamation issued yesterday to declare August 26 as the Women`s Equality day.
A 24-year-old woman, working as a housemaid here, was allegedly raped and murder by her employers when she demanded her cumulative salary of past five years, amounting to Rs 1.80 lakh, police said on Saturday.
More US women are seeking hormonal treatments for menopausal symptoms from anti-ageing clinicians, feeling that conventional doctors do not take their suffering seriously, according to a new study.
Risky situations in any setting increases anxiety among women, leading them to perform worse under stressed circumstances, finds a new study.
A new study has suggested that women with lack of Vitamin D were nearly half as likely to conceive through in vitro fertilization (IVF) as compared to women who had sufficient levels of the vitamin.
Government will introduce an integrated computerized system through which efficiency of police vehicles to distress calls by women in 114 cities will be improved using GPS technology, Rajya Sabha was told on Wednesday.
Women in north Nigeria`s largest city Kano are abandoning their traditional religious dress after a spate of suicide bombings by young girls with explosives under their hijab.
Dozens of top female football players alleging gender discrimination have reportedly threatened to sue FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association over artificial playing surfaces planned to be used for the 2015 Women`s World Cup in Canada.
Reminiscent of Taliban rule in neighbouring Afghanistan, a group of clerics in Pakistan`s northwestern tribal region has barred women from venturing out of their homes without a male relative, warning that the violators would be fined and socially boycotted.
Women who regularly visit pornography sites on internet are at a greater risk of developing cybersex addiction, says a significant study.
A new study has explained why brain tumors occurred more often in males and regularly are more damaging than similar tumors in females.
A new study has recently revealed that men lie more than women.
Three women were killed in the Somali capital on Sunday, and seven others were wounded when a remotely detonated bomb exploded in a busy market, police and witnesses said.
A recent spate of acid attacks in a region of Pakistan previously untouched by the crime has sparked an impassioned debate about rising Islamisation that is forcing an increasing number of women to stay at home.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Friday expressed its deep concern about the impact of the ongoing Gaza conflict on women`s health and access to safe births.
Japan must work to "eliminate misogyny" if it wants to draw more women into the workforce as part of a wider bid to stimulate the economy, said the head of the United Nations Development Programme.
A new study has found that the puberty age of girls largely depends on which of the two parents` `imprinted` genes they have.
A new law that allows women in Saudi Arabia to vote and contest in municipal elections has come into force, a media report said Wednesday.
A 40-year-old alleged victim of gang rape today tried to immolate herself in front of the District Collector`s office here alleging inaction by the police force.
Aakriti Gupta, an Indian-origin researcher at the Yale School of Medicine, has found that women have longer hospital stays and are more likely than men to die in the hospital after a heart attack.
The participation of women in the workforce is less than half of men, government told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
Expressing dismay over the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani today asked the Akhilesh Yadav government to pay special attention towards the security of women and children.
So you thought only girls hide things from their boyfriends – the truth is that men too are quite secretive to a lot of things. Especially things that embarrass him. There are quite a few secrets that men would rather take to their graves than share with you – but worry not. We are here to let you in some of the things they refuse to admit.
Five hundred home guards personnel will be deployed for security of women commuters on suburban trains in Mumbai, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil said here on Friday.
In what could result in specific behavioural interventions to treat obesity, researchers have found that obese women are better able to identify cues that predict monetary rewards than those that predict food rewards.
Women with a history of pregnancy loss are at higher risk for cardiovascular disease later in life than other women, says a study.
Some of our best beliefs about women are working against them, finds Averil Nunes
The Congress and the BSP slammed the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh for downsizing the budget allocation for state women`s commission when it has money for buying two seven-seater Mercedes cars and two Land Cruiser SUVs.
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- DNA: Rest in peace, braveheart Hanumanthappa!
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- JNU turns into political battleground
- Railway changes online ticketing rules, effective February 15
- Mumbai: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Make in India week
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages