World Bank people are sitting in Plan panel: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking the government over the poverty estimates report, BJP on Wednesday said "World Bank people" were sitting in the Planning Commission who were unaware of the realities of rural India.
"Those who are occupying posts in Planning Commission
have not gone to villages. they have seen only the greenery of
golf course. They do not know the reality of the situation,"
BJP spokesperson Shanawaz Hussain told reporters outside
Lok Sabha HAD witnessed uproarious scenes over poverty estimates report by Planning Commission.
"World Bank people are sitting in Planning Commission and
Chairman of the Commission is Prime Minister himself," Hussain
Questioning the report, BJP leader said, "As per the
report people living below poverty line have to survive on Rs
22 or Rs 26. These people (Planning Commission members)
should be asked to survive in that amount for day and then
they will realise the situation."
Terming it as an insult to the poor, he said government is
making "a joke" of the issue.
"While on one hand Congress is talking of bringing food
security bill on the other hand, it is making joke of poor
people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state