World Bank people are sitting in Plan panel: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking the government over the poverty estimates report, BJP on Wednesday said "World Bank people" were sitting in the Planning Commission who were unaware of the realities of rural India.
"Those who are occupying posts in Planning Commission
have not gone to villages. they have seen only the greenery of
golf course. They do not know the reality of the situation,"
BJP spokesperson Shanawaz Hussain told reporters outside
Lok Sabha HAD witnessed uproarious scenes over poverty estimates report by Planning Commission.
"World Bank people are sitting in Planning Commission and
Chairman of the Commission is Prime Minister himself," Hussain
Questioning the report, BJP leader said, "As per the
report people living below poverty line have to survive on Rs
22 or Rs 26. These people (Planning Commission members)
should be asked to survive in that amount for day and then
they will realise the situation."
Terming it as an insult to the poor, he said government is
making "a joke" of the issue.
"While on one hand Congress is talking of bringing food
security bill on the other hand, it is making joke of poor
people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'