12-yr-old creates new social network for kids
Washington: Now teenage kids being blocked from using Facebook have another option to interact online- Grom Social.
Grom Social is a social network just for kids, which has been created by 12-year-old Zach Marks.
Marks was just 11-years old when he tried to join Facebook.
Although he was forbidden to join, and Facebook`s minimum age requirement is 13-years-old, Marks successfully started two profiles.
Marks also admitted that he saw a lot of inappropriate content on the site.
After a family-friend found the pre-teen`s profile and reported back to his parents, Marks was told that if he wanted to join a social network, to make one of his own.
The 12-year-old, in interview with CBS, said that he created the entire social network, which now has about 14,500 members, with the help of his dad`s friend.
According to the report, Marks wants to coin the term `Grom,` which is Australian surfer slang, to mean a promising young individual that wants to learn.
The way the social site works is that children must sign on with a parent.
Adults cannot join without a child either.
Marks said that members can`t curse or post inappropriate pictures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune