12-yr-old creates new social network for kids
Washington: Now teenage kids being blocked from using Facebook have another option to interact online- Grom Social.
Grom Social is a social network just for kids, which has been created by 12-year-old Zach Marks.
Marks was just 11-years old when he tried to join Facebook.
Although he was forbidden to join, and Facebook`s minimum age requirement is 13-years-old, Marks successfully started two profiles.
Marks also admitted that he saw a lot of inappropriate content on the site.
After a family-friend found the pre-teen`s profile and reported back to his parents, Marks was told that if he wanted to join a social network, to make one of his own.
The 12-year-old, in interview with CBS, said that he created the entire social network, which now has about 14,500 members, with the help of his dad`s friend.
According to the report, Marks wants to coin the term `Grom,` which is Australian surfer slang, to mean a promising young individual that wants to learn.
The way the social site works is that children must sign on with a parent.
Adults cannot join without a child either.
Marks said that members can`t curse or post inappropriate pictures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack