12-yr-old creates new social network for kids
Washington: Now teenage kids being blocked from using Facebook have another option to interact online- Grom Social.
Grom Social is a social network just for kids, which has been created by 12-year-old Zach Marks.
Marks was just 11-years old when he tried to join Facebook.
Although he was forbidden to join, and Facebook`s minimum age requirement is 13-years-old, Marks successfully started two profiles.
Marks also admitted that he saw a lot of inappropriate content on the site.
After a family-friend found the pre-teen`s profile and reported back to his parents, Marks was told that if he wanted to join a social network, to make one of his own.
The 12-year-old, in interview with CBS, said that he created the entire social network, which now has about 14,500 members, with the help of his dad`s friend.
According to the report, Marks wants to coin the term `Grom,` which is Australian surfer slang, to mean a promising young individual that wants to learn.
The way the social site works is that children must sign on with a parent.
Adults cannot join without a child either.
Marks said that members can`t curse or post inappropriate pictures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie