12-yr-old creates new social network for kids
Washington: Now teenage kids being blocked from using Facebook have another option to interact online- Grom Social.
Grom Social is a social network just for kids, which has been created by 12-year-old Zach Marks.
Marks was just 11-years old when he tried to join Facebook.
Although he was forbidden to join, and Facebook`s minimum age requirement is 13-years-old, Marks successfully started two profiles.
Marks also admitted that he saw a lot of inappropriate content on the site.
After a family-friend found the pre-teen`s profile and reported back to his parents, Marks was told that if he wanted to join a social network, to make one of his own.
The 12-year-old, in interview with CBS, said that he created the entire social network, which now has about 14,500 members, with the help of his dad`s friend.
According to the report, Marks wants to coin the term `Grom,` which is Australian surfer slang, to mean a promising young individual that wants to learn.
The way the social site works is that children must sign on with a parent.
Adults cannot join without a child either.
Marks said that members can`t curse or post inappropriate pictures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini