12-yr-old creates new social network for kids
Washington: Now teenage kids being blocked from using Facebook have another option to interact online- Grom Social.
Grom Social is a social network just for kids, which has been created by 12-year-old Zach Marks.
Marks was just 11-years old when he tried to join Facebook.
Although he was forbidden to join, and Facebook`s minimum age requirement is 13-years-old, Marks successfully started two profiles.
Marks also admitted that he saw a lot of inappropriate content on the site.
After a family-friend found the pre-teen`s profile and reported back to his parents, Marks was told that if he wanted to join a social network, to make one of his own.
The 12-year-old, in interview with CBS, said that he created the entire social network, which now has about 14,500 members, with the help of his dad`s friend.
According to the report, Marks wants to coin the term `Grom,` which is Australian surfer slang, to mean a promising young individual that wants to learn.
The way the social site works is that children must sign on with a parent.
Adults cannot join without a child either.
Marks said that members can`t curse or post inappropriate pictures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?