China mulls internet regulatory measures
Beijing: China`s top legislature Monday began deliberating a draft to strengthen the protection of personal information online.
The move is meant to promote the safe flow of personal information and protect internet users` privacy, reported Xinhua.
The draft decision, submitted to the bimonthly session of the Standing Committee of the National People`s Congress (NPC), says the country will protect digital information that could be used to determine the identity of a user or that concerns a user`s privacy.
Network service providers and other government-sponsored institutions and companies should strictly ensure the privacy of personal digital information, it says.
The draft decision proposes the adoption of an identity management policy requiring internet users to identify themselves to service providers, including internet or telecommunications operators.
Such identity management could be conducted backstage, allowing users to use different names when publicizing information," Li Fei, deputy director of the Commission for Legislative Affairs of the NPC Standing Committee, told lawmakers Monday.
The draft decision aims to enhance social management on the internet and ensure the safety of information online, Li said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation