China mulls internet regulatory measures
Beijing: China`s top legislature Monday began deliberating a draft to strengthen the protection of personal information online.
The move is meant to promote the safe flow of personal information and protect internet users` privacy, reported Xinhua.
The draft decision, submitted to the bimonthly session of the Standing Committee of the National People`s Congress (NPC), says the country will protect digital information that could be used to determine the identity of a user or that concerns a user`s privacy.
Network service providers and other government-sponsored institutions and companies should strictly ensure the privacy of personal digital information, it says.
The draft decision proposes the adoption of an identity management policy requiring internet users to identify themselves to service providers, including internet or telecommunications operators.
Such identity management could be conducted backstage, allowing users to use different names when publicizing information," Li Fei, deputy director of the Commission for Legislative Affairs of the NPC Standing Committee, told lawmakers Monday.
The draft decision aims to enhance social management on the internet and ensure the safety of information online, Li said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India