Chinese defence firm denies its systems were hacked
Beijing: Chinese defence firm China National Electronics Import and Export Corp has denied reports that its systems had been hacked and documents were posted online.
The reports are "totally groundless, highly subjective and defamatory," the Beijing-based CEIEC said in a statement quoted by Shanghai Daily.
"CEIEC reserves the right to take legal action against the relevant responsible individuals and institutions," it said.
The statement followed foreign media reports that claimed CEIEC`s networks had been hacked.
Hacker "Hardcore Charlie" told foreign media that he had broken into the computer system of CEIEC by cracking key email passwords. The authenticity of documents posted online could not be confirmed.
CEIEC said its business focuses on business solutions integration, overseas engineering integration and defense electronics system integration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter