`Cyber attacks pose greater national threat than physical ones`
Washington: Nearly 80 percent IT professionals and executives globally believe cyber attacks pose a greater risk to their nation than physical attacks.
The survey showed that 51 percent believe a cyber attacker is currently in their corporate network or has been in the past year.
According to Enterprise Innovation, the survey covers interviews with 989 respondents from North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
It found that 61 percent of respondents believe that government and legislative action can help protect critical infrastructure against advanced threats.
The survey found that one-fourth of respondents felt they were better equipped to protect their confidential information than their cloud provider, and yet they still entrust the third party with their data.
According to the report, 64 percent of respondents said they are now managing privileged accounts as they have emerged as the primary target for advanced enterprise attacks.
However, 39 percent admitted that they either don`t know how to identify where privileged accounts exist or are doing so manually.
John Worrall, CMO of Cyber-Ark, said that people across globe are acutely aware of the global threat cyber-attacks represent.
He said that cyber-attackers have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to disrupt national financial systems, cause harm to critical infrastructure and severely damage businesses and economies.
Worrall added that to achieve their goals, outside attackers must steal the privileged credentials of an authorised user to gain the access necessary to meet their objectives.
He said this level of threat requires a proactive approach to security that protects and monitors the access points to the critical data and assets that attackers are targeting, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA