Gmail service goes down globally
New Delhi: Gmail services was down on Monday around the world leaving millions unable to access their email accounts for about half-an-hour.
Consumer and business visitors to Gmail.com were greeted by an error page.
The type of error, with the code 502, indicated that proxy servers, which act as a middleman between web browsers and the Gmail servers, were unable to communicate with the Gmail servers
Other Google services were also affected. Users report of Chrome crashing several times.
However, the services were restored soon after.
The company confirmed the outage on its app status page, “We’re investigating reports of an issue with Google Mail. We will provide more information shortly."
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why