Gmail service goes down globally
New Delhi: Gmail services was down on Monday around the world leaving millions unable to access their email accounts for about half-an-hour.
Consumer and business visitors to Gmail.com were greeted by an error page.
The type of error, with the code 502, indicated that proxy servers, which act as a middleman between web browsers and the Gmail servers, were unable to communicate with the Gmail servers
Other Google services were also affected. Users report of Chrome crashing several times.
However, the services were restored soon after.
The company confirmed the outage on its app status page, “We’re investigating reports of an issue with Google Mail. We will provide more information shortly."
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report