Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has ordered the setting up of an institution to control the cyberspace, Xinhua reported.
In a decree issued Wednesday, Khamenei gave President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the duty to establish the Supreme Council of Cyberspace.
According to Press TV, the council will establish a national centre for cyberspace to acquire up-to-date and thorough knowledge about the activities in cyberspace on a domestic and international scale.
The cyberspace council, headed by Ahmadinejad, would comprise high-ranking officials such as the Majlis (parliament) speaker, judiciary chief, and head of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) TV.
It would also include the minister of communication and information technology, minister of culture and Islamic guidance, minister of Intelligence, chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and police chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight