Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has ordered the setting up of an institution to control the cyberspace, Xinhua reported.
In a decree issued Wednesday, Khamenei gave President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the duty to establish the Supreme Council of Cyberspace.
According to Press TV, the council will establish a national centre for cyberspace to acquire up-to-date and thorough knowledge about the activities in cyberspace on a domestic and international scale.
The cyberspace council, headed by Ahmadinejad, would comprise high-ranking officials such as the Majlis (parliament) speaker, judiciary chief, and head of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) TV.
It would also include the minister of communication and information technology, minister of culture and Islamic guidance, minister of Intelligence, chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and police chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29