Twitter rolls back change in blocking policy following flak from users
Washington: Microblogging site Twitter rolled out its changed blocking policy only to eat it back within a day after users complained that it would promote stalkers.
The changed policy made it possible for blocked users to follow the blocker, who can no longer see any tweet activity by the blockee, which immediately garnered users` displeasure in the form of an online petition on Change.org to recall the change
According to TechCrunch, the social networking company then issued a statement announcing the recall, saying that they have decided to revert the change after receiving the feedback from users.
Twitter further said that they never want to introduce features at the cost of users feeling less safe.
The company had earlier said that the new policy was implemented to discourage trolling, and that it had always been possible for anyone, even someone who was blocked, to see the tweets on any public profile.
However, Twitter has declared that for now the changes have been recalled but the company will continue to explore features designed to protect users from abuse and prevent retaliation, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'