Twitter rolls back change in blocking policy following flak from users
Washington: Microblogging site Twitter rolled out its changed blocking policy only to eat it back within a day after users complained that it would promote stalkers.
The changed policy made it possible for blocked users to follow the blocker, who can no longer see any tweet activity by the blockee, which immediately garnered users` displeasure in the form of an online petition on Change.org to recall the change
According to TechCrunch, the social networking company then issued a statement announcing the recall, saying that they have decided to revert the change after receiving the feedback from users.
Twitter further said that they never want to introduce features at the cost of users feeling less safe.
The company had earlier said that the new policy was implemented to discourage trolling, and that it had always been possible for anyone, even someone who was blocked, to see the tweets on any public profile.
However, Twitter has declared that for now the changes have been recalled but the company will continue to explore features designed to protect users from abuse and prevent retaliation, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH