4 EC observers to oversee electoral roll revision
Agartala: The Election Commission would send four observers to oversee the special revision of the voters? list for the assembly elections in Tripura due in February next.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ashutosh Jindal said four observers would come to oversee the revision of electoral rolls and they were expected to visit the state between December 10 to 15.
Secretary of the Election Commission, K M Bhar, yesterday reviewed the preparedness for the elections with additional DMs and SDMs here and also gave presentation about how to conduct first level checking of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and its usage.
Meanwhile, hearing on claims and objections on the draft voters list was completed yesterday and the final voters list would be published on January 12 next.
The state election department published the draft photo electoral rolls for all the 60 Assembly seats on September 20 last, according to which the number of electorate was 22,77,415.
However, after the publication of draft rolls, altogether 1.5 lakh voters made fresh applications either for inclusion or exclusion or shifting of places.
Earlier on November 26, Deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi told reporters here that photo voter slip would be issued to check false voting which would also act as an identity proof for the voters.
After reviewing the security arrangements with the top brass of the police department here, he said the 856-km long border with Bangladesh would be sealed during elections to check intrusion of criminals or any kind of unscrupulous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city