4 EC observers to oversee electoral roll revision
Agartala: The Election Commission would send four observers to oversee the special revision of the voters? list for the assembly elections in Tripura due in February next.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ashutosh Jindal said four observers would come to oversee the revision of electoral rolls and they were expected to visit the state between December 10 to 15.
Secretary of the Election Commission, K M Bhar, yesterday reviewed the preparedness for the elections with additional DMs and SDMs here and also gave presentation about how to conduct first level checking of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and its usage.
Meanwhile, hearing on claims and objections on the draft voters list was completed yesterday and the final voters list would be published on January 12 next.
The state election department published the draft photo electoral rolls for all the 60 Assembly seats on September 20 last, according to which the number of electorate was 22,77,415.
However, after the publication of draft rolls, altogether 1.5 lakh voters made fresh applications either for inclusion or exclusion or shifting of places.
Earlier on November 26, Deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi told reporters here that photo voter slip would be issued to check false voting which would also act as an identity proof for the voters.
After reviewing the security arrangements with the top brass of the police department here, he said the 856-km long border with Bangladesh would be sealed during elections to check intrusion of criminals or any kind of unscrupulous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers