4 EC observers to oversee electoral roll revision
Agartala: The Election Commission would send four observers to oversee the special revision of the voters? list for the assembly elections in Tripura due in February next.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ashutosh Jindal said four observers would come to oversee the revision of electoral rolls and they were expected to visit the state between December 10 to 15.
Secretary of the Election Commission, K M Bhar, yesterday reviewed the preparedness for the elections with additional DMs and SDMs here and also gave presentation about how to conduct first level checking of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and its usage.
Meanwhile, hearing on claims and objections on the draft voters list was completed yesterday and the final voters list would be published on January 12 next.
The state election department published the draft photo electoral rolls for all the 60 Assembly seats on September 20 last, according to which the number of electorate was 22,77,415.
However, after the publication of draft rolls, altogether 1.5 lakh voters made fresh applications either for inclusion or exclusion or shifting of places.
Earlier on November 26, Deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi told reporters here that photo voter slip would be issued to check false voting which would also act as an identity proof for the voters.
After reviewing the security arrangements with the top brass of the police department here, he said the 856-km long border with Bangladesh would be sealed during elections to check intrusion of criminals or any kind of unscrupulous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in