4 EC observers to oversee electoral roll revision
Agartala: The Election Commission would send four observers to oversee the special revision of the voters? list for the assembly elections in Tripura due in February next.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ashutosh Jindal said four observers would come to oversee the revision of electoral rolls and they were expected to visit the state between December 10 to 15.
Secretary of the Election Commission, K M Bhar, yesterday reviewed the preparedness for the elections with additional DMs and SDMs here and also gave presentation about how to conduct first level checking of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and its usage.
Meanwhile, hearing on claims and objections on the draft voters list was completed yesterday and the final voters list would be published on January 12 next.
The state election department published the draft photo electoral rolls for all the 60 Assembly seats on September 20 last, according to which the number of electorate was 22,77,415.
However, after the publication of draft rolls, altogether 1.5 lakh voters made fresh applications either for inclusion or exclusion or shifting of places.
Earlier on November 26, Deputy election commissioner Vinod Zutshi told reporters here that photo voter slip would be issued to check false voting which would also act as an identity proof for the voters.
After reviewing the security arrangements with the top brass of the police department here, he said the 856-km long border with Bangladesh would be sealed during elections to check intrusion of criminals or any kind of unscrupulous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview