Arunachal: BJP demands hydro power projects probe
Itanagar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded that the Arunachal Pradesh government set up an inquiry commission to investigate the implementation of hydro power projects in the state.
Expressing concern over signing of hundreds of MoUs with power developers, the party said, "Exploration and harnessing of natural resources has become a way to ruin the life of the people of Arunachal Pradesh rather than to bring benefit and development of the state."
Party’s state unit president Tai Tagak in a statement demanded a white paper from Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and for assurance that hydropower projects were commissioned on time.
He alleged that the state government signed around 151 MoAs/MoUs so far, but companies were yet to begin even pre-project work despite the passage of several years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!