Arunachal: BJP demands hydro power projects probe
Itanagar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded that the Arunachal Pradesh government set up an inquiry commission to investigate the implementation of hydro power projects in the state.
Expressing concern over signing of hundreds of MoUs with power developers, the party said, "Exploration and harnessing of natural resources has become a way to ruin the life of the people of Arunachal Pradesh rather than to bring benefit and development of the state."
Party’s state unit president Tai Tagak in a statement demanded a white paper from Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and for assurance that hydropower projects were commissioned on time.
He alleged that the state government signed around 151 MoAs/MoUs so far, but companies were yet to begin even pre-project work despite the passage of several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video