Arunachal: BJP demands hydro power projects probe
Itanagar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded that the Arunachal Pradesh government set up an inquiry commission to investigate the implementation of hydro power projects in the state.
Expressing concern over signing of hundreds of MoUs with power developers, the party said, "Exploration and harnessing of natural resources has become a way to ruin the life of the people of Arunachal Pradesh rather than to bring benefit and development of the state."
Party’s state unit president Tai Tagak in a statement demanded a white paper from Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and for assurance that hydropower projects were commissioned on time.
He alleged that the state government signed around 151 MoAs/MoUs so far, but companies were yet to begin even pre-project work despite the passage of several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you