Arunachal: BJP demands hydro power projects probe
Itanagar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded that the Arunachal Pradesh government set up an inquiry commission to investigate the implementation of hydro power projects in the state.
Expressing concern over signing of hundreds of MoUs with power developers, the party said, "Exploration and harnessing of natural resources has become a way to ruin the life of the people of Arunachal Pradesh rather than to bring benefit and development of the state."
Party’s state unit president Tai Tagak in a statement demanded a white paper from Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and for assurance that hydropower projects were commissioned on time.
He alleged that the state government signed around 151 MoAs/MoUs so far, but companies were yet to begin even pre-project work despite the passage of several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees