Arunachal in pact with NSDL for NPS adoption
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has entered into an agreement with National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL), authorising it to work as a Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) for adoption of National Pension System (NPS).
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed here yesterday by Development Commissioner (Finance) Ramesh Negi on behalf of the state government and Chandrashekhar Tilak, Executive Vice President NSDL in presence of a host of bureaucrats, official sources informed here today.
NPS is an initiative by the Centre and Arunachal Pradesh happens to be the 26th state to adopt it.
With this, more than 6,160 employees, who have joined the services of the state government on or after January 1, 2008 would be able to avail the NPS benefits, sources said.
As far as the IAS officials are concerned, the scheme would be effective from January 1, 2004. As on date Rs 11,04,34,388 has been deposited in the state government exchequer.
More than 44 lakh subscribers across central government, state government, central and state autonomous bodies, few corporate and other citizens have been associated with NPS.
The scheme, which has been running successfully for last few years, has funds of more than Rs 22,000 crore.
Tilak, through a power point presentation during MoU signing ceremony, said NPS is a system wherein the eligible government subscribers contribute a fixed portion of their salaries and an equivalent contribution is made by the respective state government every month.
"These amounts are transferred to empanelled Pension Fund managers (PFMs) for subsequent contribution in instruments like government securities, corporate and equities.
"Collection of funds from the eligible entities and further transfer thereof is co-ordinated by Trustee Bank, namely Bank of India," he said.
NSDL has been entrusted with the task of maintaining the subscriber-wise records of the investment made on their behalf. The entire NPS activity is regulated by Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority which has been created especially for this purpose by the Centre.
Negi asked the NSDL team to organise a workshop atleast once in a year to create awareness, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in