Arunachal Pradesh govt suspends senior officer
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has suspended a senior government officer on charge of being involved in electioneering for the coming Panchayat polls slated for May 16.
The government on Friday issued the suspension order of Executive Engineer Ngoichung Phaichulupa working at the Rural Works Department (RWD), official sources said on Saturday.
The order was issued following recommendation of the State Election Commission and reports received from the West Kameng Deputy Commissioner that the said officer had been actively taking part in political activities in Dirang area and was arrested for his involvement in poll-related violence.
The government also observed that despite being transferred from Poma Rural Works Division, Itanagar to Miao Rural Works Circle in the month of January, the officer had not joined at his posting place without availing any kind of leave from the controlling officer as required by a government servant.
Such behavior of an officer is unbecoming of a government servant, the state government observed and placed him under suspension with immediate effect, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon