BJP appoints new presidents of Meghalaya, Nagaland units
New Delhi: BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Sunday appointed state unit presidents in Meghalaya and Nagaland where the party suffered a drubbing in the assembly polls earlier this year.
While Khlur Sing Lyngdoh has been appointed as the new Meghalaya State BJP President, Chuba Ao has been retained as the State BJP President of Nagaland.
Lyngdoh replaces H S Syiemlieh after the party failed to win even a single seat in the elections to the 60-member Meghalalaya state assembly held in February. Congress retained power in Meghalaya.
The party managed to open its account in Nagaland where it won one seat in the 60-member assembly, where the Naga Peoples Front was elected to power.
Singh said the decision comes into immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29