BJP appoints new presidents of Meghalaya, Nagaland units
New Delhi: BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Sunday appointed state unit presidents in Meghalaya and Nagaland where the party suffered a drubbing in the assembly polls earlier this year.
While Khlur Sing Lyngdoh has been appointed as the new Meghalaya State BJP President, Chuba Ao has been retained as the State BJP President of Nagaland.
Lyngdoh replaces H S Syiemlieh after the party failed to win even a single seat in the elections to the 60-member Meghalalaya state assembly held in February. Congress retained power in Meghalaya.
The party managed to open its account in Nagaland where it won one seat in the 60-member assembly, where the Naga Peoples Front was elected to power.
Singh said the decision comes into immediate effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range