BJP demands state food commission in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday demanded the state government constitute a state food commission and district redressal cells for proper and holistic implementation of the National Food Security Act.
Criticising the state government for implementation of the Act without fulfilling basic requirements, the BJP state president Tai Tagak alleged the development of the state was being reversed and the huge debt liability of over Rs 7,000 crore, created by the misrule of successive Congress governments, has imposed huge financial burden on the people.
The function of the government has become that of a mere "news agent" selling the quantum of funds flow from the Centre, Tagak told reporters here, while alleging that huge chunk of money pouring in to the state have not percolated down to the grass root and reached the targeted beneficiaries.
"Organising Vikas Rally to highlight the achievements of the state government is nothing, but a ploy to befool the people at the cost of the state exchequer," he said.
"It is high time the youth and women come out and resist such attitudes of the government and demand for a change," the BJP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues