CMLMS tackling unemployment in Arunachal: Minister
Itanagar: The Chief Minister Livelihood Mission School (CMLMS) at Nampong in Changlang district has become a ray of hope in tackling unemployment problem in Arunachal Pradesh, Agriculture, Horticulture and Dairy Development Minister Setong Sena said Monday.
“It is unexpected that our youth disinterested in work have started working on their own after undergoing month-long training at the school," he said after inspecting the school and activities of the trainees.
The functioning of the pilot project which was inaugurated by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki in presence of National Youth Project director S N Subba Rao on October 18 last, began in December and classes formally started from February 1 last with two experienced faculty members.
“I never expected that the training could change the attitude of the youth so soon to learn to earn which could make them self-reliant and independent.
The activities include self-financed poultry farm started by three trainees, vegetable cultivation by nine others while all the 42 trainees, including 23 girls were given practical demonstration on a regular basis by the faculty members besides taking them on trips for practical knowledge.
Sena was instrumental in setting up of the school after the visit of a high level team to Sikkim at the initiative of the National Youth Project.
The CMLMS trainees would get ready market for their products as Jairampur sub-division has been importing huge quantity poultry products and vegetables from Assam’s Tinsukia district for meeting the requirements of its population besides large number of security personnel based there, Sena reasoned.
The CMLMS funded by Sena from its MLA local area development fund aims at providing free training to youth in the age group of 18 to 30 in two of the 18 trades identified by the NYP, presently running the school.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive