Five Bangladeshis caught in Tripura
Agartala: Five Bangladeshis, including a former Army personnel of that country, were arrested from two different places in Tripura, police on Sunday said.
One Milon Hussain, who served the Bangladesh Army for two years, was caught by villagers at Rahimpur in West Tripura district yesterday. Hussain, who had entered the village in connection with a smuggling incident, was handed over to the BSF.
BSF DIG B S Rawat said there was a commandant level flag meeting at Ashabari between Border Guards of Bangladesh (BGB) and BSF on Hussain, but BSF did not release him as he had entered the Indian territory without passport.
Later the Bangladeshi was handed over to police. Four Bangladeshi tribals hailing from the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) were arrested from Sabroom in South Tripura district yesterday.
During questioning, they told the police that they had come to see their relatives in Sabroom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why