Five Bangladeshis caught in Tripura
Agartala: Five Bangladeshis, including a former Army personnel of that country, were arrested from two different places in Tripura, police on Sunday said.
One Milon Hussain, who served the Bangladesh Army for two years, was caught by villagers at Rahimpur in West Tripura district yesterday. Hussain, who had entered the village in connection with a smuggling incident, was handed over to the BSF.
BSF DIG B S Rawat said there was a commandant level flag meeting at Ashabari between Border Guards of Bangladesh (BGB) and BSF on Hussain, but BSF did not release him as he had entered the Indian territory without passport.
Later the Bangladeshi was handed over to police. Four Bangladeshi tribals hailing from the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) were arrested from Sabroom in South Tripura district yesterday.
During questioning, they told the police that they had come to see their relatives in Sabroom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals